The Evanston Women’s History Project at the Evanston History Center will begin accepting applications for the 2019 Vickie Burke Internship for Women’s History starting January 7, 2019.
Project work in 2019 will be focused on upcoming plans for the 2020 Women’s Suffrage Anniversary and will include:
- continued research on Evanston women and women’s organizations and their connection to the suffrage movement
- program development and event planning for the 2020 Suffrage Anniversary
- exhibit planning and development
- internships will take place once per year; for 2019 this will be in summer or fall
- the schedule will be flexible but most internships will last 8-10 weeks and be approximately 12 hours per week
- interns will be paid a stipend of $1,500
- applicants are required to be in college or graduate school studying in the fields of history, women’s or gender studies, or public history
For more information and an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 475-3410.