The Evanston Women’s History Project at the Evanston History Center is now accepting applications for the 2018 Vickie Burke Internship for Women’s History. This internship is in conjunction with the Frances Willard House Museum. Both locations are near downtown Evanston and are easily accessed by car and public transportation.
Project work in 2018 will be focused on upcoming plans for the 2020 Women’s Suffrage Anniversary and will include:
- continued research on Evanston women and women’s organizations and their connection to the suffrage movement
- program development and event planning for the 2020 Suffrage Anniversary
- exhibit planning and development
- internships will take place once per year; for 2018 this will be in summer or fall
- the schedule will be flexible but most internships will last 8-10 weeks and be approximately 12 hours per week
- interns will be paid a stipend of $1,500
- applicants are required to be in college or graduate school studying in the fields of history, women’s or gender studies, or public history
For more information and an application, please email email@example.com or call (847) 475-3410.