The Evanston Women’s History Project is now accepting applications for the 2017 Vickie Burke Internship for Women’s History. This internship is in conjunction with the Frances Willard Historical Association (FWHA) which manages the Frances Willard House Museum. Both locations are near downtown Evanston and are easily accessed by car and public transportation.
Project work could include:
- continued research on Evanston women and women’s organizations
- website and research database updates and management
- program development and event planning — including the 2020 Suffrage Anniversary Project and our annual Women’s History Month event
- online and onsite exhibit development
Other projects will be determined based on project needs and intern’s interests and abilities.
- internships will take place once per year; for 2017 this will be in summer or fall
- the schedule will be flexible but most internships will last 8-10 weeks and be approximately 15 hours per week
- interns will be paid a stipend of $1,500
- applicants will be required to be in college or graduate school studying in the fields of history, women’s or gender studies, or public history
For more information and an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 475-3410.